PO BOX 914
COOS BAY, OREGON 97420
Resolution Opposing the Passage of the Coos Bay School District #9 Bond Measure 6-166
Bond Measure 6-166 is a near duplication of the recently defeated Bond #6-163 in May of 2017. The Coos Bay School District, despite voter rejection is again making a push for the ballot box.
They are recklessly using taxpayer money once again, by placing this back on the ballot in the special election scheduled for the 7th of November 2017, just some 5 months removed from its original defeat. Listed below are the facts.
- This tax will force hardship on our seniors. If property taxes rise on a fixed income resident, it will create a financial hardship that will undoubtedly put an economic strain on our valued seniors.
- This tax will affect all renters as well, as these costs will be passed on via increased rent.
- A huge tax like this affects the price of all goods and services sold in the community. Businesses will likely pass on the increased cost of those products to the customers.
- The most harmful part of this tax burden is that it puts the most vulnerable people in our community at severe risk of financial instability.
- All the residents of the District are required by circumstance to live with their means, and the Coos Bay School District needs to do the same.
- Bond Measure #6-166 represents a scenario as some have painted where grandma is pushed over a cliff in her wheelchair, by uncaring parties, and it is a shameful disgrace.
A Resolution was passed unanimously at the regular Central Committee meeting on May 27th of 2017 opposing the previous school bond measure #6-163. It was a noble and successful effort to protect the most vulnerable members of our community and the hard-working people who live within the district.
Now for the second time, the Executive Board of the Coos County Republican Party has reaffirmed this same Resolution for the same reasons opposing School District Bond Measure #6-166.
Executive Board of the Coos County Republican Party
Chairman Rod Schilling
Vice Chair Ron Wiggins
Secretary Teresa Avery
Treasurer Jacki Haga
Any questions may be directed to Ron Wiggins@ (541)-756-7435