The following Propaganda is from the Coos Bay School District
Coos Bay, OR 97420
Phone: (541) 267-3104
Fax: (541) 269-5366
Office Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Coos Bay School District has prepared factual information regarding the bond measure.
Click here for more information. Be sure to Vote by November 7th.
More from the Coos Bay School District:
We are all responsible for our school buildings. Anywhere you see new or renovated schools in Oregon, it is because local citizens have voted to support their schools. State funding pays only for day-to-day operation like salaries, supplies, utilities, maintenance and transportation. Local communities own and build their school building through facility bonds.
HOW THIS PLAN WAS DEVELOPED: Click here
HOW MUCH IT WILL COST: Click here
MATCHING GRANT: There is a guaranteed $4 million matching grant from the state if this bond passes. If it doesn’t pass, those monies will be distributed to other districts.
HOW THE COST ESTIMATES WERE CREATED: Click here
WHAT THE BOND WILL DO FOR EACH SCHOOL
Madison Sunset Millicoma New Eastside Harding Building Marshfield
Mail-in ballots must be postmarked by November 1st.
The deadline is to have ballots returned to the County Clerks office or at official drop sites is November 7 at 8:00 PM
- How Property Taxes and School Funding Work in Oregon: Click here
- How to read your property tax statement: Click here
- How to register: October 17th is the last day to register to vote.
You can register online at http://www.co.coos.or.us/Departments/CountyClerk/Elections.aspx or pick up a voter registration card at your local DMV and return it to the County Elections Office. Registration cards postmarked by October 17 or submitted online no later that 11:59 PM that evening are valid.
To check and see if you are already registered and verify your address, go to https://secure.sos.state.or.us/orestar/vr/showVoterSearch.do
- How to request an Absentee Ballot: If you are going to be away from the area during the election, you can fill out the Absentee Ballot Request Form at this link. Mail, fax or drop off the form at your County Elections Office. If you are serving in the Armed Forces, the Merchant Marine or are temporarily living outside the territorial limits of the United States, you must fill out a Federal Absentee Ballot Request Form at www.fvap.gov
- How to check your ballot before mailing it in or dropping it off: Click here
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – Click here
Video of Coos Bay Superintendent of Schools Discussing a SECOND Bond Measure
Sustainable Energy Measure 6-162 is Defeated & No New Coos Bay School Tax