The Oregon Department of Administrative Services (DAS) is reminding city managers and recorders
to take necessary steps prior to July 31 to receive quarterly state shared revenue payments.
DAS is currently notifying cities (by email and/or mail) and requesting they:
• Pass an ordinance or resolution requesting state shared revenue money;
• Hold public hearings before the budget committee and city council regarding the city’s use of
state shared revenues; and
• Submit documentation, such as the short form distributed by DAS, certifying compliance and
intent to receive tax revenues in fiscal year 2016-17.
Additionally, cities in counties with populations in excess of 100,000 inhabitants must certify that the
city provides at least four of the following municipal services:
• Fire protection
• Police protection
• Street construction, maintenance and
• Sanitary sewers
• Storm sewers
• Planning, zoning and subdivision control
• One or more utility services
DAS recommends cities complete these actions and submit required documentation prior to July 1.
That gives DAS the month of July to identify and reach out and help those cities that have not yet
completed the certification process or have filed improper paperwork. For more information on state
shared revenues, see the League’s report here.
Contact: Wendy Johnson, Intergovernmental Relations Associate – email@example.com