People have to stay informed and the best place to do that is to attend the meetings. The following is more informaiton on some OWEB meeting and projects...Rob T.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2012 Council Support Listening Sessions, submitted written comments, and provided public comment at last week’s OWEB Board meeting in Cottage Grove. Your feedback and ideas will help inform OWEB’s future decisions on this important program. We look forward to a continued dialogue, leading up to the Board’s decisions in the spring or summer of 2014.
Download materials provided at the June 16, 2013, Board meeting
Watershed Council Support Update [PDF]
Report on Watershed Council Support Listening Sessions [PDF]
Listening Session Comments, Final Report [PDF]
Next steps and key dates
In the upcoming months, OWEB will consider the feedback we've received so far on the proposed changes. Staff anticipate follow-up meetings with stakeholders and will develop the details of the new processes and eligibility criteria. Staff will also draft options for defining the scale of capacity grants.
• March 12-13, 2013 - Board meeting in Salem - OWEB Staff will update the Board
• June 11-12, 2013 - Board meeting in Pendleton - Staff will request Board approval to begin rulemaking, and will seek Board direction on which scale options to develop further
• July 2013 - Staff will convene a Stakeholder Rules Advisory Committee
• Spring 2014 - OWEB will hold public hearings around the state
• June 2014 – Proposal for Board Adoption of rule changes
If you have any questions please contact Courtney Shaff, 503-986-0046, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Lauri Aunan, 503-986-0047, email@example.com
OWEB---Restoration, Water Acquisition and Technical Assistance applications
OWEB---Proposed Direction for OWEB's Long-Term Investment Strategy for Conservation
OWEB---Post Listening-Session Survey Available
Subject: CWA meeting recap and information
Oregon Water Resource Commission approved the Integrated Water Resource Strategy
2010 Coastal Wetlands Grants
OWEB Listening Session Information & Agenda