From a Watchdog in Lane County:
Due to the countless testimonies of Lane County citizens, we are proud to announce that the Lane County Commissioners have officially scheduled a Public Hearing exclusively to identify how the public wants them to address the unconstitutional provisions of the federal National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). The Public Hearing will take place at 5:30pm on April 15 in Harris Hall, located at 125 E. 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401. This is the last and the most important opportunity for the public to encourage and support the commissioners to take bold action in defending our 1st, 5th and 14th amendment rights that were quietly suspended with the passage of the 2012 NDAA.
At the last work session for a county wide NDAA resolution, the County Commissioners intelligently turned down a weak and ineffective resolution that was hastily drafted by their legal council. This resolution didn't included any of the provisions or requests made by numerous individuals and community actions groups from Lane County. Most importantly, this resolution didn't offer any real protections of the constitutional rights for the people of Lane County. At this meeting, the Commissioners all agreed they wanted to directly hear and see the support from the people of Lane County in order to construct a meaningful and effective resolution that meets the public's demands for protection from the unconstitutional threats found in the 2012 NDAA.
It is of the up most importance that we bring as many people to the April 15th Public Hearing as possible. The creation of local and state protections against the unconstitutional provisions of the 2012 NDAA is a non-partisan issue, and this event should appeal to Americans from all across the political spectrum. We ask you to invite your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, and strangers to peacefully unite with us on April 15th to promote our local sovereignty, and to reclaim and protect our Constitutionally guaranteed rights. We encouraged any and all those who are willing to speak during the public comment section of the hearing to do so, and we hope they can specifically address one or more of the Proposed Actions that will make this resolution, or ordinance, meaningful and effective in the protection our Constitutional rights. Below you will see a brief list of our 10 Proposed Actions, as well as a number of easy resources to quickly become informed on the complexities of the 2012 NDAA.
Thanks so much for all your support, and we look forward to seeing you all on April 15th!
County Calendar Public Hearing / Work Session on NDAA / PANDA
Shane Ozbun and Colin Farnsworth
PANDA Oregon: State Coordinator
Phone: (541) 870-7160
PANDA Oregon: State Deputy Director
Phone: (206) 450-7249
National Website: http://pandaunite.org/
Below is a list of the 10 Proposed Actions
1. Identify how the NDAA could be interpreted to violate numerous constitutional rights protected by both the state and federal Constitutions.
2. Acknowledgement that as the legislative representatives for the people in Lane county, and who have pledge an oath to serve and protect the Oregon and U.S. Constitutions, by giving the NDAA or similar laws any legal legitimacy in this county would be in direct conflict with your oath of office.
3. Clearly demonstrate that the NDAA, or any similar law or interpreted authority, which infringes upon the constitutional rights of the people in Lane county, has no legal legitimacy and should not be implemented or assisted in their execution.
4. Instruct all our public agencies to decline any requests by any private, or public authority acting under detention powers granted by the NDAA, or similar law or authority that could infringe upon residents' freedom of speech, religion, assembly, privacy, or rights to counsel;
5. Encourage and protect individuals to stand up and speak out about such abuses or suspected actions they have witnessed concerning the NDAA or violations of the peoples constitutional rights.
6. Require all federal and state law enforcement officials acting within the county to work in accordance with local and state laws, and in cooperation with the Lane county Sheriffs department.
7. Specifically encourage and request that the county Sheriff upholds his oath to serve and protect the Oregon and U.S. Constitutions, and protect the people in Lane county from any attempts to implement the NDAA or any other law that conflicts with any of the constitutional rights of the people.
8. To ask our state legislators to pass legislation that prohibits Oregon residents from being unconstitutionally detained under the NDAA or any similar authority that suspends the peoples rights to due process.
9. Request that our United States Congressional delegate monitor the implementation of the NDAA and actively work for the repeal of the NDAA’s detention provisions (Sec.1021 and 1022) , and expressly prohibit the application of the "law of war" and to restore fundamental rights and liberties embodied in the Constitutions of the State of Oregon and the United States.
10. Demonstrate and ensure this resolution maintains its purpose and permanence for future commissioners, county sheriffs and all other county officials as long as the NDAA and other dangerous and unconstitutional laws continue to threaten the constitutional rights of the people in Lane county.
To help further understand the unconstitutionality of the 2012 NDAA watch this 30 minute Legal analysis on 2012 NDAA sections 1021 and 1022 by Kris Anne Hall:
Here is a 11 minute video compilation of some of the individual publicly stated views of our commissioners on this issue:
Some of the testimonies given at public comment by Lane County citizens:
Oath Keepers Public Meeting in Coos Bay February 22, 2014
TEA Party---Video of Brookings TEA Party January 18, 2014
RCGI---Time to Support Oath Keepers & Make a Public Comment to The World
RCGI---Open Letter to OR State Representative Wayne Krieger
RCGI---Douglas and Lane County Lobby our Senators against NDAA
RCGI---The Jim Bice Radio Show with Stewart Rhodes founder of Oath Keepers
ATF---It’s time to submit comments on proposed NFA rule changes!
RCGR----The New NDAA will cost YOU $5,700
RCGR---Legislative Defense Manual
If You Value Your Liberties, Stay Out of Coos Bay, Oregon!
RCGR---Coos Bay City Council Rejects Promise of Federalism and Oath
City of Coos Bay---City Council Meeting Votes to adopt RCGR September 17, 2013
RCG Resolution Against the NDAA 2012----Updated 9/7/2013
Obama administration hiding info on targeted killings of Americans - senator
THE U.N. & LOCAL AGENDA 21
THE U.N. & AGENDA 21: