DEQ received a request from Oregon Associated Industries to extend the public comment period for the proposed air quality permitting, Heat Smart, and gasoline dispensing facility updates, which had been scheduled to close on Aug. 14, 2014. DEQ is extending the public comment period for this rulemaking until Thursday, Aug. 28, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. to provide additional time for comment.
This is DEQ’s second update to its initial proposal issued June 16, 2014. In DEQ’s first update issued July 9, 2014, DEQ extended the comment deadline from July 31, 2014 to Aug. 14, 2014, added public hearings which occurred July 16, 2014, and provided information about recent action by the U.S. Supreme Court.
Click here for details.
DEQ proposes rule revisions to:
- Clarify and update air quality rules
- Update particulate matter emission standards
- Change permitting requirements for emergency generators and small natural gas or oil-fired equipment
- Establish two new state air quality area designations, “sustainment” and “reattainment,” to help areas avoid and more quickly end a federal nonattainment designation
- Designate Lakeview as a state sustainment area while retaining its federal attainment designation
- Change the New Source Review preconstruction permitting program
- Modernize methods allowed for holding public hearings and meetings
- Re-establish the Heat Smart woodstove replacement program exemption for small commercial solid fuel boilers regulated under the permitting program
- Remove annual reporting requirements for small gasoline dispensing facilities
DEQ plans to take the final proposal including any modifications made in response to public comments to the Environmental Quality Commission for decision at the commission's January 2015 meeting. If adopted, DEQ will submit the rules to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as a revision to the State Implementation Plan as required by the Clean Air Act.
Questions? Contact Jill Inahara at 503-229-5001 or email@example.com. In Lane County, contact Max Hueftle at 541-736-1056 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEQ---Public Comments by July 31, 2014 Proposed Revisions Air Quality Permitting
EPA---Public Comments on Proposed Water Rule to Make Federal Land Grabs Easier
EPA---Public Comment on Disapproval of OR Coastal Nonpoint Pollution Control
SCOTUS---Did EPA Overstep on Global Warming
EPA---Public Comments on New Stricter Performance Standards for wood heaters
Federal Legislative Action Alert: Vote YES on S.890 to Protect Private Property
The Natural Resources Report---Two Stories Showing Cause and Effect
EPA---Article in the Western Mining Alliance Newsletter on Oregon Spotted Frog
EPA---Victims of Government: The Case of Steve Lathrop, Sounds Familiar
Port Orford---Government Ownership equals Poverty and hungry children
The Nature Conservancy---Contact the Oregon Leadership Team
The Nature Conservancy---Oregon Grasslands: Crucial for Wildlife Survival
The Bandon Marsh Mosquito Farm
USFWS---Public Responses to the Bandon Marsh Mosquito Invasion
Letter to Mr. Lowe of the USFWS about the Bandon Marsh Mosquitoe Problem
Department of Interior---Land Buy-Back Program for Tribal Nations AKA The Coquilles